Thursday, March 1, 2007

Luck 'O The Irish

How incredibly lucky I am!

I'm living a wonderful life. I'm married to a fabulous man! We have absolutely adorable little furballs, and we've shared some amazing experiences. We've been to amazing places, and look forward to seeing so much more together.

From the outside looking in, it might not seem like much. We've lived an odd existence - having to struggle at times to get by. We often start with so little and have to build our lives back up. Only to have things change and have to start all over again. It can be challenging, and it can be exhausting.

We've faced enormous obstacles, not the least of which is our constant separation. People tell me all the time that they don't see how it can be done. Well, we're doing it, and handling it just fine, thankyouverymuch.

Sure, we spend a lot of time apart, it seems. Really, it just makes us appreciate our time together even more. We recognize how precious time really is, and relish what we get to spend together. If we only get forty minutes to talk on the phone in the span of two weeks, we make the most of it.

We have a unique relationship. We rely on each other so much, yet are fully capable of standing on our own. We can count on each other, yet fend for ourselves when we need to.

I guess you could say that we're resourceful.

I absolutely adore the man that I married. He has a heart like none other that I've seen. He's genuine and remains true to himself. True to us. He is always willing to make sacrifices to make life better for us. I love him more and more every day.

It is because of him that I am the woman that I am today. I've learned how to love, how to give myself freely. I've also built incredible strength of character and gained such confidence. All because of my relationship with my husband.

He's my love, my life and my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment